Monday 10 June 2013

All The Right Friends

Events this year have made me look back and examine numerous friendships over the years. I think back on all of the things I've done for other people and how it just seems like it constantly gets thrown back in my face. I don't believe I'm high maintenance, I don't ask a lot of my friends and yet somehow, I'm the one who is always made to feel like I've done wrong by them. It would be nice sometimes if I could just feel like I was worthy of friendship. Instead, I'm made to feel unimportant, disposable, a nuisance. It would be nice if the same loyalty I offered to them was returned to me. I am not loyal for loyalty in return, but it would be nice to know that I am appreciated and wanted/needed. I will not stop being loyal to those who are there for me when I need them, but I refuse to be trampled over anymore. I have been hurt too many times in the past that I would rather be alone than in a friendship where I am neither appreciated nor valued.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;