Thursday 23 September 2010

Are We The Waiting

So, just another quick update whilst I'm waiting for my photos to sync on to my computer.  I was waiting for my iPod to sync to iTunes, but it somehow managed to finish just as I decided to upload the pictures!

On Monday, I should have known things weren't going to go all to plan when I got to the airport, only to be made to wait in a check-in line for ages, and then when I got to the first of the security questions the guy kept going off!!!  Eventually I cleared that and made it through the x-ray machines, only to then be patted down (I don't know if they were doing this to everyone, but oh well!), and made to take my boots off and put them through another screening.

I had decided not to get breakfast at the hotel, due to the £15 cost (let's be serious, is any breakfast worth that much?), and so eating at the airport was my only other option.  I got a full English and it was disgusting.  All the food was cold, the toast was soggy, the bacon salty.  It's two redeeming qualities were that the mushroom was hot and the whole thing was washed down with some Tropicana.

After a further wait in the lounge, my hand luggage was checked again, and I was patted down again!  A flight that took longer than expected due to strong headwinds was what followed, and then, after a long ass flight, it was time for immigration clearance.  This took TWO HOURS!!! Unbelievable really. Some people were trying to cut the line because they had connecting flights, which was rather annoying given how long we had waited there, and they felt they didn't need to wait.


Having cleared immigration, there was a massive queue for the taxis, so by the time I had finished queuing and got to my hotel it was an hour and a half later, so by the time I had finally checked in most of my day had gone.  Ridiculous!  Still, a new camera and Shake Shack awaited so it wasn't all bad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;